Rice paper wraps are so easy to make and super tasty – as well as nutritious depending on how you choose to fill them. They are light and extremely versatile.
You’re going to need:
- Rice paper
- Salad leaves of your choice
- Any veggies you like or have on hand
(Tofu also works well but I didn’t have any on hand at the time).
How to make:
- Add water (tap water is fine) to a wide, flat bowl.
- Take a sheet of rice paper and lightly wet it.
- Carefully shake off any excess water.
- Lay the dampened rice paper on a flat surface and start layering on your fillings in whatever order you like along the centre of the rice paper.
- Now roll up your wrap^^
- Fold the end closest closest to your line of fillings up over the end of the fillings. Then use your fingers to pull the fillings towards that end and form a triangle shape while you start to roll the wrap. (Sorry, I know my explanation is a bit lacking but the photos should help you out here).
- Close off the other end and you should be left with a sealed tube that looks something like this.
- Repeat these steps to make the rest of the wraps and then cut them in half.
- Serve with humous or tamari and enjoy!
PC: Ayesha Ahmad – instagram: @ayeshabeans
My IG: @hippyhuddy