So we all know that breakfast is the most important meal of the day – tbh it’s also my favourite meal – but sometimes it’s easy to miss because we all have crazy schedules and busy lives. I am so guilty of choosing an extra 20 minutes of sleep to the *effort* of waking up to make myself something to eat – especially when it’s early in the morning and I have to get ready for work or college…
That’s why chia seed pudding is my lazy morning rescue breakfast! This stuff is so easy to make, super tasty and nutritious and you can make it the night before so it’s already there waiting for you in the morning^^ The best part is you can customise it however you like so you can have a different flavour every day if you want!! For now I’m going to keep it super easy and just share the plain recipe which is the version I mainly make because I’m lazy like that *^.^*
You’re going to need:
- 1/4 cup of Chia seeds
- 1/2 cup of Plant milk of choice – I like almond or coconut milk (sweeteened or unsweetened are fine – it’s down to your personal preference)
- 1/2 teaspoon of Vanilla extract (optional)
- toppings (optional but highly recommended) – chopped fruits, frozen berries, nuts, seeds and shredded coconut all work well here.
How to make:
- Add the chia seeds, milk and vanilla extract to a bowl and mix well. (There should not be any pockets of dry chia seeds).
- Transfer to a jar or container and allow to set in the fridge for at least 30 minutes or overnight.
- Enjoy chilled with toppings!
In the image above I layered the plain chia seed pudding with chopped fruits and flaked almonds then another layer of chia seed pudding, mixed with acai powder and topped off with more fruit and almonds.